Dental Crowns – Flower Mound, TX
Protect Your Damaged Teeth
Tooth enamel is the strongest part of the entire body, but it isn’t completely safe from becoming damaged. There are all sorts of different ways that teeth can become harmed, including poor oral hygiene, a sports injury, or an unexpected accident. If you have a structurally compromised tooth, it becomes vulnerable and is more likely to experience additional damage later on. That’s why Dr. Lauri Barge provides customized dental crowns. To learn more about how customized dental crowns in Flower Mound can keep your teeth safe, contact our office!
Why Choose Lauri Barge, DDS for Dental Crowns?
- Customized for Optimal Comfort
- Dental Insurance Accepted
- CareCredit Financing Available
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are custom crafted caps that are made to fit over the chewing surface of damaged or weakened teeth above the gumline. The restoration can be made from many different materials, including gold, ceramic, and porcelain. Dental crowns are generally recommended for those who are experiencing the following oral health issues:
- Severe decay that’s been repaired with a filling
- Broken tooth that requires additional support
- Tooth that’s undergone root canal therapy
- Missing tooth being replaced with dental implant
- Dental bridge that needs support from the adjacent teeth
- Tooth that’s severely misshapen or discolored
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
Having a dental crown placed is a relatively straightforward process, and it can be completed in just two appointments. The first step is to take a look at your smile to ensure that a dental crown is the best option for you. Once this is confirmed, a thin layer of enamel needs to be removed. This creates room for the crown to fit comfortably in your mouth and appear natural. An impression is then taken and sent to the dental laboratory where your crown will be crafted. Until it’s ready, we’ll provide you with a temporary crown to protect your teeth. This also helps you to get used to how your new crown will feel when it’s placed during your next appointment.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns are able to provide patients with all sorts of benefits. Here are just some of the most apparent:
- Prevents future dental issues
- Natural appearance
- Personalized for each patient
- Can last 15+ years with proper maintenance
- Feels comfortable
- Improves your chewing ability